The Liebster Award

March 28, 2016

I guess to say that I’d never hoped anyone would find my blog would be a lie. To say that I never wished for someone to choose me would also be a lie.
But to be honest, I never really expected anyone to notice lil’ old me. 
I mean I still blush, (with both joy and embarrassment), when a friend says that they read my blog post.

There are days when I wonder 'why?' I have so many other things that I need to do. Am I just adding another chunk on that ever growing list?

See then I have these wonderful moments, something will give me fabulous inspiration or I'll be sitting on the train watching the world go by and I think “now is when I blog” and it’s great and perfectly peaceful (but is also I a reason I need a newer laptop…)

So that’s me typing away on the crowded 5pm trains. I write because it is a place to share things that are on my mind. It's the best part of my routine where I get things out, things that bug me, things that I love.
Filling my lovely little corner of the internet for no one in particular…

Thankfully there are actual people out there and there are awards like this.
Twice in one week is something I'm actually quite proud of...


It took me some time to figure out what the Liebster award was all about, like really. Everyone has their own spin on it but the basic principle seems to be sharing the love to smaller blogs. Primarily blogs with less than 1000 followers blogs like mine.

Super special thanks to Charlotte from The Porcelain Doll and Severina at Sweet Strawberries for the nominations.

The rules seem to go as follows;

Thank the people who nominated you and link them
Show the award on your blog or in a post
Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award and let them know
Create a list of questions for them to answer

So here goes, Charlotte's first

What makes your blog unique? 
Maybe the fact that compared to about 90% of the blogs I read, my blog is coming from the other side of the world? I think also because I reached a point when I realised that I shouldn't be trying to fit the style of other bloggers out there, because I can't and I shouldn't have to. So basically my blog is unique because there is a little ginger sitting on the other side of the world writing (marching?) to her own personal beat.

If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would it be?
I mean obviously my brain immediately searches for someone cool and famous that I could meet, but the problem is that I think after meeting someone famous I would just spend my life telling people I met someone famous. So I took a little personal twist... I'd like to meet my grandmother. She died when I was less than a month old so that I never got to meet her. My family has such interesting stories about her that I’d love to meet her just once and create a memory for myself.

What's your best feature?
My hair (vain much?) but it’s naturally a mix of reddy-blonde (strawberry-blonde) which often changes depending on the weather. When I was little I got asked by distant relatives what I used to dye it, which I suppose made me quite proud.

Have you met anyone famous?
I once peeled an apple for Gabriel Gateau and then spent the last 10 years trying to get the peel to all come off in one slinky (like he did). I have successfully achieved it once...

Have you ever been to a concert? 
My first real concert was probably Coldplay in 2012 when they came to Melbourne. I remember I went straight from school (leaving my uniform in my locker) with my friend so that we could get there early enough to get a good spot.

Your favourite hot drink?
Chai latte

Savoury or sweet?
Savoury

Favourite thing to blog about?
Baking on a regular basis, however I do like writing gritty life post (ones with dilemmas) but they tend to be hard to think of or a chicken out of actually posting them.

What's your star sign?
Scorpio

How long have you been blogging?
Since September last year, so about 6 month

Describe your style in 3 words 
Me being myself. 
**********************************************
You have no idea how glad I was that both sets of questions were so different!
And now Severina's questions;

Why did you start blogging?
So at the time I had forgotten that I had written a blog once before in 2012 and actually liked it, but it was really a mixture of discovering YouTube vloggers which lead to bloggers (one of the best things I have ever discovered) and a Geography assignment that really started me thinking about blogging. Yes, my lecturer set an assignment where we had to write a blog entry! Still not sure if that was a good thing?

What’s your favourite animal?
One of my most loathed questions. It’s so hard to think of one favourite animal without offending so many others. Pet wise –lambs because they are the most adorable things ever and there was some over the road last year and I so needed one. Watching them jumping off rocks and bleating at each other…
Wild animal –probably a koala or a penguin

If you could have 1 superpower what would it be?
I’d love to be able to fly and preferably fast. It takes far too long to drive or train places so flying would be great (or teleporting)

Favourite memory of 2015?
Spending the first part of the year in London. It had been a dream of mine for ages and finally achieving that was something amazing. I couldn't get over the fact that I was over 10,000 miles away from home and yet I felt completely comfortable.

Favourite song?
River Lea by Adele or Tiny Dancer by Elton John

Would you rather travel to the past or future and why?
The past because I am an old soul and honestly 19 going on 90. Basically a grandma in a teen's body. I would love to go back to the fifties or sixties and be at home with the fashion.

Favourite place you've been on holiday?
LONDON!!

Favourite blog post?
My first fashion/photo diary (link)

Your favourite bloggers?
Thrifty vintage fashion
Handmade by Heather B

What's your biggest dream?
To study and live for a while in the UK

Favourite subject to study?
Microbiology and genetics. There is something very cool about looking at microbes growing on an agar plate. They actually come in some many colours, shapes and sizes and testing them to see what they are, where they come from, how they work. It's fascinating...

Done!
*breathes massive sign of relief*

Thanks again to Charlotte and Severina for the nomination it was surprisingly fun!
And now to share the love I nominate;
Jess at Where's my Lipstick
Amy at Amy Jennifer Taylor
Sal at UmmBaby Beauty
Mon from Little Miss Mon Bon
Katie at Katastrophique

And you questions are;
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Describe your blog in 3 words.
3. Favourite sweet treat?
4. What is your favourite movie of all time?
5. How do you cheer yourself up when you're feeling down?
6. What's your favourite holiday destination?
7. What was the last book you read?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
9. If you could tell 10 year old you anything, what would it be?
10. If you had a secret super identity who would it be? What are their/your super powers?
11. Summarise you ideal day.

Enjoy!

xx

Caitlin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe